Sticking With Exercise
You don't need to feel guilty if you started an exercise program and then stopped. Everyone gets off track now and then. There are many reasons this can happen: a change in schedule, illness or injury, or just not feeling motivated any more.
Don't give up on your exercise plan completely because you missed a few days. The sooner you get back to your exercise program, the better you'll feel. Here are some tips that can help you get started again:
- Make an action plan.
- Give yourself a small reward for doing your physical activity and completing your action plan.
- Ask your family and friends to encourage you. Tell everyone that you're starting again.
- Invite a friend to exercise with you.
- Ask yourself what helped in the past. Can that help you get started again?
- If you're bored, find a new activity to make exercise more interesting, such as bowling, dance lessons, or a water exercise class. Exercise doesn't have to be work.