Many other conditions may cause symptoms similar to those of a
peptic ulcer. These conditions may include:
- Nonulcer dyspepsia.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Crohn's disease.
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Infection with certain parasites, such as
- Infection with certain
viruses, such as
- Other digestive diseases and conditions that cause
impaired digestion and malabsorption, such as
|By: ||Healthwise Staff ||Last Revised: January 4, 2012|
|Medical Review: ||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Jerome B. Simon, MD, FRCPC, FACP - Gastroenterology