Use one of the following resources if you are or know of a parent or
caregiver having trouble controlling angry feelings. Actions done in
moments of anger can be harmful and abusive.
- National Directory of Hotlines and Crisis Intervention Centers. Call toll-free for a referral to services offered
in your area: 1-800-999-9999 or TDD 1-800-999-9915.
- Parents Anonymous. Self-help groups serving parents under
stress as well as abused children are available throughout the United States,
Canada, and Europe. To locate a group in your area, look in the white pages of
your phone book under Parents Anonymous or contact National Parents Anonymous
at 675 W. Foothill Boulevard, Suite 220, Claremont, CA, 91711, or call (909)
- Childhelp Line. The Childhelp line is a resource for the prevention and treatment of child abuse or neglect. The helpline serves the United States and Canada to provide referrals and counseling at 1-800-4-A-Child (1-800-422-4453).
- Social service departments. Many
social service agencies involved with child abuse investigation also offer
services to parents under stress. Agencies are listed in the phone book,
usually under the state's Department of Social Services, Protective Services,
Social and Rehabilitative Services, or Children and Family Services.
- Bruises and Blood Spots Under the Skin
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse or Assault (Rape)
- Temper Tantrums
|By: ||Healthwise Staff ||Current as of: September 5, 2013|
|Medical Review: ||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine