Symptoms of serious illness
When a headache, vomiting, fever, or a seizure occurs along
with another serious illness, immediate medical care is needed. Symptoms of a
serious illness may include:
- A severe headache.
- A stiff neck.
- Mental changes, such as feeling confused or much less alert.
- Extreme fatigue (to the point where it's hard for you to function).
- Shaking chills.
Although uncommon, a headache with symptoms of a serious illness
may be a sign of:
- An infection in or around the brain, such as
meningitis, or a
- A momentary blockage of a
blood vessel (transient ischemic attack, or TIA) in the
- Rupture of a blood vessel in the brain.
Call your doctor for an evaluation if you have a headache and
other symptoms of a serious illness.
|By: ||Healthwise Staff ||Current as of: April 17, 2012|
|Medical Review: ||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine