Allergies May Cause Other Problems
Allergies often occur along with other problems, such as:
- Inflammation of sinuses (sinusitis).
- Ear problems (otitis media with effusion), especially in young
- Upper respiratory infections. Children have a higher
incidence of upper respiratory infections, which make allergy symptoms
- Wheezing, chest tightness, and coughing from
- Sleep disturbances from a
stuffy nose that requires mouth breathing.
- Nosebleeds from allergy
symptoms or allergy medicines.
- Skin infections from scratching
- Not being able to take needed medicine because an
allergy to the medicine has developed.
|By: ||Healthwise Staff ||Last Revised: April 29, 2011|
|Medical Review: ||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.