Other Conditions With Symptoms Similar to Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
Other conditions that may cause symptoms similar to those of
urinary tract infections include:
- Vaginal infections caused by
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome).
- Lack of blood flow
to the kidney (renal infarction).
- Kidney stones.
- Sexually transmitted infections such as
- A pouch in the wall of
urethra (urethral diverticulum).
of the urethra.
- Bulging or sagging of the bladder into the vagina
- Infection of the female
reproductive tract (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Cancer of the kidneys or bladder.
|By: ||Healthwise Staff ||Last Revised: May 16, 2011|
|Medical Review: ||E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine|
Avery L. Seifert, MD - Urology
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.