The impact of a diagnosis of cancer differs from person to
person. It is common to experience anger, frustration, or disappointment. The
following home treatment may help:
- Get enough rest and sleep. Try activities to help you relax, such as
- Eat well. If you have trouble eating alone, ask
another person to join you for a snack or meal.
- Exercise. Regular exercise is healthy for your body and mind. Walking is a good place to start.
- Surround yourself with loved ones. Talking with them about your feelings and concerns
- Maintain your normal activities.
Stay involved in activities that include your support network, such as your
family and friends, work, church, or community activities.
- Get the
support you need. Contact your local chapter of the American Cancer Society to help you
find a support group.
For more information, read "Talking Time: Support for People With Cancer" from the National Cancer Institute. You can find this booklet online at www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/takingtime.
Skin Cancer, Melanoma