Dr. W. David Colby IV reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. He is a well-known researcher who has been the principal or secondary investigator of several clinical trials. He was the regional coordinator for a nationally organized surveillance project. He also has been involved in many research groups, including the Vaccine and Virus Host Interactions Group (VVHIG), the Barer/Stoddart Report Task Force, and the Canadian ciprofloxacin study group. Dr. Colby is a consultant for the Infectious Diseases Service at London Health Sciences Centre. He also is the director of the University Hospital Travel Medicine and Tropical Diseases Service in London, Ontario.
MD: University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, 1984
Internship: Rotating, St. Joseph's Hospital, London, ON, 1984–1985
Fellowship in Cancer Research: University of Western Ontario, Department of Pathology, London, ON, 1985–1986
Residency in Medical Microbiology: University Hospital, London, ON, 1986–1989
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
University of Western Ontario, London, ON:
- Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 2001–present
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, 2001–present
- Assistant Professor, School of Dentistry, 1999–present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1991–2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, 1991
- Lecturer, Department of Medicine, 1990-1991
- Lecturer (Honourary), Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1989–1991
- Honourary Lecturer, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1989
Fellowship Level Examiner, Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists, 1990–present
The final approval of Healthwise content is always made by a clinician with no financial conflicts.
This reviewer reported no financial conflicts.
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.