helps you or your teen in many ways:
- You earn money, which helps you stay or become
- You gain self-esteem and a sense of
- You interact with other people and may develop a larger
Vocational (job) training helps people choose and learn
work that suits their skills and interests. Programs are available through
local school districts and the department of education in each state.
Vocational training can help teens and adults:
- Identify their strengths, interests, and physical
- Train for a particular job.
- Prepare for work in
many different areas, such as in offices, restaurants, hospitals, stores, or
Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics
Louis Pellegrino, MD - Developmental Pediatrics
September 20, 2012
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.