Why It Is Done
This testing gives your doctor an overall picture of how well your brain works. Your doctor can use the results to decide the best treatment or rehabilitation program for you.
Your doctor may recommend this testing if:
- You have a disease that can damage the brain, such as:
- You have an injury that may have damaged your brain, such as a concussion or a more serious brain injury.
- You have a history of drug or alcohol abuse that may have affected your brain.
- You have been exposed to poisons, chemicals, or pollution that can cause brain damage.
- You have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or problems in school.
- Your doctor wants to see how well treatment for one of these diseases, conditions, or injuries is working.
Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
November 29, 2011
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.