Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- When did the dehydration problem
- What activities cause you to feel
- Have you had a hard time getting enough fluids or
holding down fluids because of vomiting, diarrhea, or fever?
vomiting or diarrhea are causing your dehydration, how many episodes have you
had in the last 24 hours? When was the last episode of vomiting or
- Has nausea kept you from taking in enough
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you
- Have you been using water pills (diuretics) or
- What have you tried so far to help you
- What activities related to sports or work make your
symptoms better or worse?
- Do you have any
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
August 17, 2012
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.