Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long
have you had your symptoms?
- How and when did the injury occur? How
was it treated?
- Have you ever had any injuries to the same area? Do
you have any ongoing problems because of the previous injury?
activities related to sports, work, or your lifestyle make your symptoms better
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did home
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines
have you tried? Did they help?
- Do you have any
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
February 16, 2011
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.