One thing you can do that may lower the risk for prostate cancer is eat more low-fat, high-fiber foods and foods with omega-3 fatty acids, such as:
- Soy products, like tofu and soy
- Tomatoes and foods that contain tomato
- Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and
- Fish, like salmon, albacore tuna, and
- Walnuts and flaxseed, and their oils.
Being physically active and staying at a healthy body weight also can help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.4
E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Christopher G. Wood, MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology
September 12, 2012
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.