Abuse: Signs of Abuse-Related InjuriesSkip to the navigation
- Any injury cannot be explained or does not match the explanation.
- Repeated injuries occur.
- Explanations change for how the injury happened.
You may be able to prevent further injuries by reporting abuse. Seek help if:
- You suspect child abuse or elder abuse. Call your local child or adult protective agency, police, or a health professional, such as a doctor, nurse, or counselor.
- You or someone you know is a victim of intimate partner violence (IPV).
- You have trouble controlling your anger with a child or other person in your care. Resources are available for help.
Primary Medical Reviewer William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Specialist Medical Reviewer H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
Current as ofNovember 20, 2015
Current as of: November 20, 2015