Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
Questions to prepare for your appointment
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms? How long have you
had your symptoms?
- How and when did the injury occur? Have you had
any injuries in the past to the same area? Do you have any continuing problems
because of the previous injury?
- Did other injuries occur at the
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried. Did they
- What prescription and nonprescription medicine do you
- Were drugs or alcohol involved in your
- When was your last
- Do you have any
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
June 6, 2012
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.