Since most scrapes are caused by accidents
or falls, it is hard to prevent them. Some general safety tips may reduce
your risk of injury.
- Pay close attention to what you are
- Know how to use objects properly.
- Have good
lighting so you can see what you are doing.
- Prevent falls in your home by removing hazards that might cause a fall.
gloves whenever possible to protect your hands.
- Wear other safety
gear, such as glasses or boots, as appropriate.
- Wear protective
gear, such as hand, wrist, elbow, or knee pads and helmets, during sports or
- Store dangerous objects in secure places
away from children.
- Teach children about safety, and be a good role
Be sure to have a tetanus shot every 10 years.
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
June 6, 2012
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.