Choose or Change Your Personal Physician
One of the most important things to do as a new member is to select a personal physician who will be your primary care provider (PCP).
Depending on your health plan and where you live, you can choose a Group Health doctor who practices at one of our 25 Group Health Medical Centers locations or another physician who is in-network for your plan.
Reasons to Choose a Doctor Now
By choosing a doctor right away, you:
- Don't spend time figuring out your options if you get sick or are injured.
- Are less likely to go to an emergency room for a non-emergency condition, saving you money.
- If you register for our secure online services, you need to select a Group Health Medical Centers doctor before you see all services, such as secure e-mail with your doctor and online lab results.
Find a Personal Physician
Use our Provider Directory to find a personal physician who is a good match for you. The "Group Health Physicians" box shows providers at Group Health's 25 clinics. The other care categories show both Group Health doctors and providers in any additional networks included in your health plan.
Narrow your search: Make sure your health plan is entered in the search area. After you choose a care category, go to "Refine your results" on list page.
Want to start another search? Click on “Group Health” at the top left.
Contact Customer Service during regular business hours if you have questions about our doctors, your choices, or want help in making a selection.
Next Step: Select the Doctor
Once you've found someone you want as a personal physician, make the selection by telling us who you want as your PCP.
To notify us online:
- Log in to this website. (You first must register for MyGroupHealth for Members.)
- Go to our Provider Directory and click on the Medical Care box.
- To choose a primary care provider, open his or her profile page and click on the blue button, “Select as PCP.” The link takes you to a short online form.
To notify us by phone:
Call Customer Service during regular business hours and tell us your choice for personal physician.
Change Your Doctor Any Time
You can change your personal physician at any time, for any reason. Simply select a new personal physician, who then replaces your previous doctor. Follow the same steps as above to choose a doctor.
If you are registered on MyGroupHealth for Members and your personal physician is at a Group Health Medical Centers location, you'll see your new personal physician's name on your secure home page, usually within one business day.