Medical Home Puts Patients at Center of Care
The heart of care at Kaiser Permanente is your personal relationship with your health care provider and care team. Our patient-centered medical home model offers personalized care, when you need it, for the majority of your health care needs. In fact, we've been recognized by an independent rating organization for our efforts.
Each year since 2010, Kaiser Permanente medical offices have been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Homes. Level 3 is the highest level of recognition.
This means our 25 medical offices offer exceptional practices to make sure our patients receive the best care available, based on the latest scientific research. It also means our patients' treatments and care are coordinated among all providers involved in their care. We're the only provider in Washington to hold this distinction.
What Does Patient-Centered Medical Home Mean for You?
- A team approach. From your primary care doctor to your pharmacist, every member of your team knows your health history.
- A strong relationship with your personal health care provider. Your care team knows you and your medical history, and works with you to help you make the best treatment decisions possible.
- Access to care centered on your needs. Visit your doctor in person or send a secure email. Call our Consulting Nurse Service or receive an online diagnosis of common medical issues. Even walk in to a CareClinic by Kaiser Permanente at select Bartell Drugs.
- A focus on prevention. We want to help you avoid getting sick in the first place. If you do need care, we rely on evidence-based treatment that's based on the latest scientific research.
- A commitment to non-discrimination. We are committed to patients' rights to receive equal access to care and services regardless of source of payment, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.