Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What symptoms do you have?
- How long
have you had your symptoms? Do your breast changes occur at the same time each
- What is your age and general health?
- Do you have
menstrual periods? Are your periods regular?
- Are you
- Have you had children? Did you breast-feed? Are you
- Have you had a
breast infection (mastitis) or a blocked milk duct in
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines are you
- Have you ever been diagnosed with breast lumps or had any
cysts drained from your breasts?
- Have you
ever had a
- Have you ever been
- Do you have any relatives
who have noncancerous (benign) breast lumps or breast cancer?
you have any
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
September 9, 2011
©1995-2012, Healthwise, Incorporated, P.O. Box 1989, Boise, ID 83701.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.
For more information,
How this information was developed.